I bet you’re like me. You want the best possible speaker for your next event, someone whose both knowledgeable and entertaining. I understand the challenge of finding just the right speaker. In my prior role as a school teacher, I remember a speaker who came to speak that was very vibrant but the message didn’t stick. The next day when I asked my students what the message was about, they couldn’t remember at all and neither could I.
I quickly realized that the success of an event not only depended on the speakers ability to entertain, but also the quality of the speaker’s message to truly transform people. Like you, I desire to make a positive difference in the lives of the audience members as well as deliver a memorable performance. My hope is that this page will make it easy for you to get the information you need to make the best decision possible. Thank you for considering me. I am honored and appreciate the opportunity to be apart of your next event.
What You Can Expect from Me
Professional presentations delivered in an artistic way incorporating poetry and song that will garner the attention of your audience to make it a memorable performance.
Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages as well as a personal phone consultation with me prior to your event, so we can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
An announcement about your event on my blog and social media pages. (Only if your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for your event.)
A custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include the slides I used in the presentation (if any), along with links to books, music, art and additional resources I believe will be helpful.
A quick follow-up communication after the event with me to make sure I met your expectations. (I also want to know how you think I can improve.)
Learn More About Me
I recently launched my speaking career after being a stay at home mom caring for my two wonderful children for the last three years. I speak and give workshops on relevant topics pertaining to your audience. Prior to that I have experience as a teacher in charter, public, private and Christian schools. For the last five years, I have hosted a podcast for people who want to build long lasting relationships. I recently launched a podcast helping teens stay on task as they deepen their relationships that I’m really excited about. Watch the videos below to learn about my speaking style as a transformational leader. Read more about my speaking model, download my Transformational Leader One Sheet.
I now devote my time to speaking, coaching, writing, singing, and art. In terms of my education:
- I graduated from Tulane University with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology.
- I graduated from The King’s University with a Graduate Certificate in Christian Ministry.
- I graduated from Walden University with a Master of Science in Education.
Recently, I became a Certified Life Coach by the International Association of Certified Coaches.
My Speaking Video Clip
I speak for churches, schools, colleges & universities, conferences, and non-profits. Here is a video of me speaking:
My Speaking Topics
I speak on topics related to leadership, mental & physical health, drug & alcohol awareness, building self-esteem, sex education, diversity, dating & relationships. I also present creativity based workshops based on my speaking topics.
I’VE GOT THE POWER: Many women have been abused physically, emotionally, and sexually. Whatever abuse you’ve experienced, you can overcome the negative effects through the healing power of poetry and song. The topic of this talk is mental & physical health. In this presentation you will:
- Learn how to use poetry and song to tell your story and start the healing process.
- Know how to choose safe people to reveal your pain to and continue to heal.
- Share your story in a way that will create an environment of healing.
HAPPINESS: Happiness can show up in many forms, a smile, good grades, a surprise gift or good news about a friend or family member. The list of things that brings happiness can go on and on, but still not everyone is happy. In fact, 70% of adolescents are depressed by the age of 18 according to a recent study. Unfortunately, many people who are unhappy medicate themselves with drugs and alcohol to ease the pain of existence. The topic of this talk is drug & alcohol awareness. In this presentation you will:
- Discover ways to be happy without doing drugs or getting drunk.
- Understand why doing drugs really doesn’t help you overcome depression.
- Learn how getting direction for your life can start your journey to happiness.
PLEASE SEE JESUS: It takes a lot of courage, confidence and commitment to stand up for what you believe in. The topic of this talk is leadership. In this presentation you will:
- Gain to courage to talk about your beliefs to family, friends, and others in your community.
- Be confident in what you believe in by evaluating your belief systems.
- Commit to following through on what you say you believe.
I LOVE YOU SWEETHEART: It’s good to tell the ones you love “I love you.” It’s even better to show them. you love them. The topic of this talk is dating & relationships. In this presentation you will:
- Learn to true meaning of love.
- Be more effective in showing love to the ones you love.
- Learn a new technique of mindfulness to gain a fresh perspective on love.
BLACK MAGIC: I’m exposing evil powers in household members. Some of your biggest enemies are those of your own household including your workplace, schools, and churches. They’re trying to keep you down and pull you back because of their jealousy and envy. The topic of this talk is building self-esteem. In this presentation you will:
- Learn how to recognize who is really for you and who is really against you for your own well-being.
- Devise a plan to communicate effectively with people whether they like you or not by knowing your self-worth.
- Out maneuver those who really don’t care for you by planning your strategic escape out of their life for good.
SEXTING & TEXTING: It’s hard to delete a picture off social media, email, and especially your friend’s cell phone. It is of the utmost importance that you be very careful to share pictures that show you and others in the best light. The topic of this talk is sex education. In this presentation you will:
- Learn how to decide what pictures are appropriate and what pictures are not and what to do if someone sends you an inappropriate image.
- Understand that illicit pictures are considered pornographic and how these pictures negatively affect your brain.
- Develop a positive, protective, and promising mindset behind your picture sharing.
STIGMATIZED: Understanding people with different cultures and beliefs can be daunting. Racism can rise up when misunderstanding prevails. The topic of this talk is diversity. In this presentation you will:
- Understand how to learn about the beliefs and cultures of others in a way that fosters peace.
- Utilize the power of love by accepting the perception of others to overcome fear and hatred.
- Give people the space they need to grow their tolerance.
“My name is Sari Ehrenreich a long time business owner of an Interior Design Practice in Pacific Palisades, CA. When I met Shirah Chante, I was very impressed with her competence and her warm helpful demeanor. In the past two years I have been developing a business model where I create party events for foster children and other at risk youth, and introduce them to outstanding business professionals and motivational coaches. Shirah Chante is one of our most delightful and inspiring coaches for our kids that we serve. Add to that her teaching credentials, Master of Science in Education, Bachelor of Science in Psychology along with her writing abilities, she is a winner!” (Sari Ehrenreich, Interior Designer, Beverly Hills Women’s Club Youth Event Coordinator)
“I have had the pleasure of sharing time with Shirah Chante as she worked with youngsters that have come from various difficult backgrounds. She resonates so well with each child reaching out to them on their level. Her manner is patient and understanding. Because of Shirah’s positive manner and uplifting personality, the young people pay close attention to her guiding words. Shirah is a perfect mentor for those who need her positive influence in their lives.” (Ann Hastings, Former Toastmasters International Director)
“I was able to witness her abundant passion for today’s youth. Immediately upon meeting her, it was evident that simply being around the young ladies energized her soul. It was truly a pleasure serving with her, and the mentees were obviously encouraged by her tenacity and engaging nature. Shirah clearly loves to encourage our younger generation and help them reach beyond their potential.” (Joy Williams, Dancer, Choreographer, Teacher, Mentor)
“I found her to be kind, respectful and able to have a great connection to our guests. She was able to get the girls to feel comfortable and to open up to her. I find that this is such an important asset when working with the youth. I feel she would benefit youth in the positive way they need. Her smile also lit up the room. This is such an important attribute.”(Estee Bienstock, RN, Executive Director, Allpoint Home Health)